Hello FBTH Family:
As you all know the Coronavirus pandemic has taken over almost all aspects of life. Businesses are at limited capacity, schools are closed indefinitely, and gatherings of any kind are discouraged.
From Brush to Heart has prided itself on our in-person donations, and how they create happiness and joy for others. At this time, to comply with social distancing guidelines and the safety of our team, we are suspending all in person donations until further notice. In the interim, we will be making monetary funds to organizations at the front-lines of this crisis. This includes, but is not limited to, food banks, hospitals, etc.
We know this is a scary time. It is unpredictable and frustrating, and I know we all want to get back to our normal lives. While we try to navigate this new way of living, I urge you to do the following:
- Remember to wash your hands for at least 20 seconds. Sing a song while you wash!
- PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING—Seriously. This means staying home other than going to the grocery store or pharmacy or gas station. If you feel the Coronavirus will not affect you, you are wrong, full-stop. Think of others, don’t be selfish. Plus the sooner we all stay home, the sooner we can all resume our lives.
- Sneeze or cough into your elbow, never into your hands
- Clean and disinfect your home and widely used areas, often
- Go to trusted sources for COVID-19 information, such as cdc.gov
- Do Not stockpile food, medical masks, cleaning products, and paper items; a lot of people are going without (especially those in the healthcare field), and it is making everyone’s lives more difficult.
- Thank those hard working individuals on the front lines. Nurses, doctors, residential care professionals, nursing home professionals, restauranteurs, gas station attendants, truck drivers, delivery personnel, mail carriers, public servants and everyone leaving the safety of their homes to keep this world running. Thank them and support them!
- Limit your news intake. Too much news will drive you crazy.
- Spend time away from electronics. Draw, paint, knit, do a puzzle, read….anything that takes your eyes away from a screen for a little bit.
- Check in with your friends, family, and neighbors. Make sure they are doing okay!
If you ever need to talk, please know that you can always, always email firstname.lastname@example.org. Someone is always here to give you words of encouragement!
We love you and we support you! Stay healthy and be well! We will get through this together!